The E-3 visa is specifically designed for Australian nationals s who will perform in a specialty occupation in the US. A specialty occupation requires theoretical and practical application of a body of specialized knowledge along with at least a bachelor’s degree or its equivalent. For example, architecture, engineering, mathematics, physical sciences, social sciences, medicine and health, education, business specialties, accounting, law, theology, and the arts are specialty occupations.
If the applicant has a college degree or work experience and the job requires a college degree, then the applicant should be able to obtain an E-3 visa.
Spouses and children of E-3 visa holders may enter and remain in the US in E-3 dependent status.
Australian nationals with specialized knowledge, such as scientists, engineers, programmers, research analysts, management consultants, journalists, accountants, and others with a Bachelor’s or equivalent degree
To qualify for an E-3 visa, an applicant must demonstrate:
- that he or she must have a legitimate offer of employment in the United States;
- that the position he or she is coming to fill qualifies as specialty occupation employment;
- that he or she is an Australian citizen;
- that he or she has the necessary academic or other qualifying credentials; and
- that his or her stay will be temporary